image

When we read, only around 20% of our time is spent processing content. The remaining 80% is spent physically moving our eyes from word to word.

Spritz, a technology that enables anyone to speed read, presents words in sequence and positions them according to their ‘Optimal Recognition Point’ (ORP).

The ORP is slightly left of the center of each word, and is the precise point at which our brain deciphers each jumble of letters.

Spritz is identifies the ORP of each word, makes that letter red and presents all of the ORPs at the same space on the screen.

In this way, our eyes don’t move at all as we see the words, and we can therefore process information instantaneously rather than spend time decoding each word.

All about it here.

image